Frequently Asked Questions

What documents are needed to pick up the car ?

To pick up the car the driver should have: a driving license, identity card or passport and a credit card or cash security equal to the amount of the collision damage waiver CDW. It is important to have a credit card in the name of the main driver in the collection of the car, so as to cover the amount.

What methods of payment do you accept ?

Credit card, Debit card, cash, bank deposit.

In an International Driving License required ?

The International Driving Licence (IDL) is not required.

Are there any additional charges locally ?

No, unless the driver chooses to add some extras.

Is there charge for extra drivers ?

Yes there is an extra charge € 3,5 per day.

Will there be an extra charge if you wish to pick up the car out of office hours (08:00a.m. ?

Yes there is an extra charge € 25.

I plan to travel abroad by car, can I ?

No cars are allowed to go outside the Greek borders.

What happens in case of delay or cancellation of my flight ?

Please tell us as soon as possible in case your flight is delayed so as to inform the supplier of the vehicle.

What is the fuel policy ?

You return the car with the fuel to be on the same level as when you receive it.

What is the cancellation policy ?

Upon booking, you will be asked to submit the number of your credit card through our secure server. This number is kept for security reasons. Your reservation will be confirmed by e -mail to your address. We will charge 25 % of the total amount on your credit card 3 days before your arrival as a deposit. In case of cancellation 3 or more days before date of arrival, no deposit is charged. In case of cancellation less than 3 days before date of arrival, there will be no refund.

What safety features are include ?

All authorized by Autorent car drivers are insured with third party insurance, death, personal injury and property damage.

Material Damage Waiver (CDW - SCDW) *- Theft Security (TPI)

The renter's liability for damage or partial / total theft of the rented vehicle may be restricted, provided that it does not violate the traffic regulations, the minimum charge of € 800 for categories A, B, C, € 1.000 for categories A1, D, E, F2, G, H, H1, K, L € 1.200 for categories F, G1 and 1.600 € for all categories of luxury by paying the amount of 12 €, 15 €, 22 € and 30 € respectively per rental day. For rentals of 7 days or more amounts are adjusted in package prices 10 €, 13 €, 18 € and 26 € respectively.

The driver can limit liability even more (SCDW) the minimum charge of € 100 for categories A, B, C, € 150 for categories A1, D, E, F2, G, H, H1, K, L, € 200 for categories F, G1 and € 250 for all categories of luxury by paying an extra € 10, € 12, € 18 and € 25 respectively per rental day.

If the tenant is a "new driver" only has an option to purchase the security damage waiver (CDW).

* Not covered by any insurance

  • - Damage to tires and wheel covers, windshield, windows or underbody.
  • - Loss or theft of personal belongings kept in the car.
  • - Any incident that took place when the driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
  • - Accidents caused when the lead car driver was not declared in the rental agreement.

Deductible or excess of the collision damage waiver (CDW) is called the amount for which you are responsible in case of accident and damage. This applies to all car rental companies. The security guarantee is usually equal to the amount of indemnity which binds to the credit card of the main driver of the vehicle. There is the possibility that you can limit the amount of your liability by purchasing additional insurance locally.

What is Damage Protection ?

The Insurance of Damages is usually included in the rental. It provides coverage for damages presented to the rented vehicle. This means that the car you drive is insured, but almost always there is an excess liability of the driver and in most locations there are exceptions regarding the insurance coverage you have. Signs such as glass, tires, under carriage, replacement locks, replacement keys, transport costs in the event of an accident, very often are not covered by the insurance.

What is the Theft Protection ?

The Theft Insurance limits the amount of the tenant in case of theft, attempted theft or damage to an attempted theft at a specific amount, including. If they find negligence on the driver's side that is associated with theft of the car, probably the car hire company will require the tenant to pay the full value of the vehicle.

What should I do if the car breaks in the engine, or if there is an accident ?

You should call the Roadside Assistance phone that will give the local supplier of the vehicle.

I returned the car earlier - I have a refund ?

No there is no refund.